Sunday, October 14, 2012

PE1 Reflections and PE2 Goals and Activities










I figured a picture of あき in にほん would be a nice way to begin my reflection.

PE1 Reflection:
-The shadowing and practice with reading ひらがな has helped me improve my reading aloud skills and pronunciation of glides.  However, I will have to practice more consistently for the results to make a real impact
-I did not get to memorize 25 vocabulary words/phrases and their pitch patterns that we weren't supposed to in class anyway.  But, pronouncing and exaggerating the pitch patterns of vocabulary we learned from the textbook has helped my speaking sound more natural.
-Overall, I could have done more to help my speaking skills, but I think now that I am familiar with PE, I will show more improvement during PE2

PE2 Goals:
-I would like to increase the naturalness of my speaking; this will be done through pronouncing correct pitch patterns and imitating native speakers over and over again.
-I want to speak correct pitch patterns as much as possible; hopefully going to しばたせんせい's Office hours will help with this.

PE2 Activities:
-I will practice shadowing for 15 minutes every other day, even if it's not what I will record.
-I will seek out as many free speaking activities as possible, especially しばたせんせい's Office Hours.
-I will find quiet places to practice pronunciation of the vocabulary we learn in class.

I'm looking forward to a great experience with PE2!

じゃあ、また!
アレン

4 comments:

  1. にほんの あきは とても きれいです(Fall in Japan is very beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. はい、そうですね!

    アレン

    ReplyDelete
  3. アレンさんのだいすきなきせつはどれですか。わたしははるとふゆとあきがだいすきです。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. そうですか。 わたしははるとふゆとあきがとなつだいすきです ^.^

      Delete