Saturday, November 10, 2012

PE2 Reflection + PE3 Goals and Activities



こんばんはみなさん。

わたしはおとといプリンストンのYMCA/YWCAいきました。 There, I met 円山(まるやま)先生, the founder of あいきどのこきかい、which is a particular style of the martial art あいきど。Not only was this a great honor, I was able to learn from the the greatest practitioner of the martial art that I am studying. To give you an idea of what he could do, at 75 years old and 127 pounds he could easily bring down a 6+foot 300 pound man.


Now, back to わたしのPE2 Reflection + PE3 Goals and Activities.

 PE2 Reflection:
  • Working on shadowing more often really helped my pitch patterns, and I am now more aware of the pitch patterns of Japanese words and phrases.
  • While PE2 Recording 1 went well, Recording 2 was much more difficult; I would like to find a more affective way of shadowing.
  • I was not able to get to しばた先生のOffice Hours, but now that I know I can go just to free speak with しばた先生, I will certainly go more often.
  • Going to 日本語テーブル has helped me improve my free speaking skills, but I would like to seek out more to be able to improve further.
PE3 Goals
  • I would like to improve the fluency with which I free speak, or even ask and answer questions; sometimes I get held up trying to thing of word order or ぶんぽう、and I would really enjoy speaking fluently what I know how to speak.
  • I would like to memorize the pitch patterns of the vocabulary from now on as I memorize the words themselves.
PE3 Activities
  • I will continue to attend 日本語テーブル every week that I can, and try to find a partner with whom to practice free speech.
  • I will visit  しばた先生のOffice Hours as often as I can schedule.
  • I will listen to the vocabulary section of the Lab Activities along with memorizing the vocabulary.
アレン

No comments:

Post a Comment