Thursday, March 14, 2013

PE 1st Half Reflection and PE 2nd Half Goals

 三月十四日

PE 1st Half Reflection:
  • For this half, I set many goals including to increase my free speaking abilities and to continue to speak with correct speech patterns, and assigned activities such as daily shadowing and listening to vocabulary audio.
  • Practicing shadowing every day is very difficult; I often do not have a quiet place to do so.  Also, free speaking is hard to schedule, especially making it regular.  
  • However, I have noticed my free speaking abilities increase a lot; the oral midterm went much better this last time than any of the other oral exams had went.  Also, the time that I have shadowed has really helped me understand phrasing in Japanese instead of just thinking about individual words.
PE 2nd Half Goals and Activities 

Goals:
  • I would like to continue developing my skills in phrasing Japanese sentences and prepare for something substantial like the speech that we will give at the end of the semester.
  • I would also like to increase the fluidity of my free speaking, especially in not having to think of grammar points (or plain/casual form) as I speak.
  • I would finally like to continue memorizing the pitch of words, but also start using them early on so I don't forget them
 Activities:
  • I would like to continue shadowing, trying to do so every day for at least 10 minutes; I would also like to find shadowing models other than あずみさん's radio show.
  • This half I will attend しばた先生's office hours a few times, go to 日本語テーブル, and try to find someone with whom to free speak regularly.
  • I will listen to the pitch patterns of the words I hear and also repeat them as I hear them.

アレン

No comments:

Post a Comment